K9 First Responder + K9 Tactical Combat Casualty Care
Who can apply?
- Only active canine handlers currently employed with a military, federal, state, or local (city/county) agency are eligible to apply.
Preference given to canine handlers working in Florida.
Tuition and Travel:
- Tuition is free for selected students (paid for by Florida SART).
- Students will be responsible for providing their own travel, lodging and meal expenses.
Demo Dog Candidates:
- We are actively seek Demo Dogs to be part of the program for non-invasive practice such as heart rate, mucous membrane color, lifts, carries, etc.
- Review this Demo Dog overview found here: K9 MEDIC Demo Dog Requirements
- Consider if your K9 will be a good candidate based on the requirements above.
It’s essential that this be a safe experience for the class AND positive for the K9
- Confirm with your supervisor that you may bring your K9
- Complete the Demo Dog section in the Application.
- A total of 15 students will be selected. (Non-selected students have the option to pay for registration)
- Selection will ensure that students from military, federal, state, and local agencies are represented to meet statewide multi-jurisdictional training needs.
- Preference will be given to early applicants.
- Selections will be made as applications are received.
- Application will close when all 15 students have been selected or by 11:59 PM (Pacific) Jan 15, 2023, whichever comes first.
- The Applicant and the Applicant’s Supervisor will be notified by email about acceptance status.