Registration for LASD SAR:
K9 Handler / First Responder – Advanced Scope
February 29 – March 1, 2020,
08:00 to 17:00 (with 1hr off for lunch)
Wisdom Hall, King Gillette Ranch,
26800 West Mulholland Hwy, Calabasas, CA 91302
Should I bring my Dog?
Ideally, we have a minimum of 2-3 Demo Dogs (at least on Day 1) to be part of the program for non-invasive practice such as heart rate, mucous membrane color, lifts, carries, etc.
If your dog is a good fit for the classroom, then we encourage Handlers to bring their K9s.
What to bring?
- Notebook and pen (student handouts provided)
- Watch for assessing vitals
- You are welcome to bring whatever you already use for sharing and review.
What to wear?
- This is a hands-on, physically active, indoor and sometimes outdoor professional class. Please dress accordingly.
- No open toe shoes, shorts, tank tops, etc.
- Students with inappropriate attire will not be admitted.
- Students are expected to be in attendance at all times and complete all skills stations in order to receive a Certificate Of Course Completion (emailed upon successful completion).