Who can apply?
- Active Paramedics and K9 Handlers are invited to apply.
Preference given to those working in CT.
Demo Dog Candidates:
- We are actively seek Demo Dogs to be part of the program for non-invasive practice such as heart rate, mucous membrane color, lifts, carries, etc.
- Review this Demo Dog overview found here: K9 MEDIC Demo Dog Requirements
- Consider if your K9 will be a good candidate based on the requirements above.
It’s essential that this be a safe experience for the class AND positive for the K9
- Confirm with your supervisor (if applicable) that you may bring your K9
- Complete the Demo Dog section in the Application on the next page
- A total of 32 students will be selected.
- Preference will be given to CT applicants.
- Preference will be given to early applicants.
- The first wave of approved students will receive approval notice the last week in August.
Once approved attendees will have 7 days to register and pay in full or they will be returned to the wait list.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please feel free to reach out to us (see contact info on flyer)